A Surgeon’s Advice to MedTech: Be Intentional, Steward Your Brand, and Enhance Workflows
Like most docs, urologic surgeon Dr. Jamin Brahmbhatt only takes reps as seriously as they present themselves. Walk into his office with wrinkled scrubs, little to no research on your competitors, and a callous attitude toward his staff, and you’ll get schooled—that is, if he agrees to see you at all.
We welcomed Dr. Brahmbhatt to the show to share constructive critiques of today’s MedTech reps and explain what it takes for them to earn the title of ‘partner.’ Join us as we discuss the importance of first learning—then enhancing—an office’s workflow, who really makes key decisions in a practice, and why your poker face isn’t as impenetrable as you think.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why talking crap about competitors tanks your credibility
- How to get your foot in the door by owning the small things
- Why docs won’t trust you if you don’t put brand image before quotas
- Basics doctors expect you to know about the way they practice medicine
- Why simple forethought is always your strongest competitive advantage
Plus, Dr. Brahmbhatt explains the issue with some reps’ unauthorized name-dropping habit.
Get top advice delivered right to your inbox or mobile phone
Join the Medical Sales Accelerator List! We'll send you an email and/or text each week with a direct link to the newest episode, along with exclusive resources, proven tips, and industry updates!