Why hard work isn’t enough and what leaders need to do instead
Working hard is essential for success. But it’s not a long-term solution for your leadership credibility. In fact, you may need to “unlearn”some behaviors and beliefs that got you to where you are today. Leadership coach and author Jeff Shannon digs deep into these very topics in his book:“Hard Work is Not Enough.”
In our interview with Jeff, we tear down some challenges that every leader faces in identifying blind spots and establishing executive presence, along with discussing what needs to happen to get your team on board with new ideas and innovation.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Why the best leaders know how to reduce friction and do this regularly
- The concept of unlearning and why it’s so essential for MedTechleaders and managers
- Why you should not be treating everyone the same (it’s not what youthink)
- Signs that may suggest that you may lack executive presence and whatto do about it
- How to resist the urge to “fly the plane” and instead coach others,even if they fail in the process
Get top advice delivered right to your inbox or mobile phone
Join the Medical Sales Accelerator List! We'll send you an email and/or text each week with a direct link to the newest episode, along with exclusive resources, proven tips, and industry updates!