Making it Easier for Physicians to Adopt New Technology with Dr. Keith Matheny
Sponsored by TrackableMed
Many physicians lack training and understanding of how to bring products to market. Similarly, many engineers and MBAs have no idea what it’s like to be a physician. It’s no wonder medical innovation encounters roadblocks. Dr. Keith Matheny, Vanderbilt-trained Otolaryngologist in community practice in North Dallas, emphasizing Rhinology& Sleep in adults and children, lives on both sides of this equation. In his work as Founder/Chairman/CEO of US ENT Partners and CO-Founder of Sleep Vigil, Dr. Matheny has learned to embody the collaboration and feedback necessary to launch and grow medical device companies while serving as a specialty provider.
In this episode, sponsored by TrackableMed, we dissect the world of medical device from both sides. We wrestle with the balance between business and patient care, where to find the finish line after FDA approval, and why solutions get “over-engineered” (and what to do about it).
Listen to learn:
- The disconnect of perspective between engineers and physicians
- Collaboration as a solution for fragmentation
- The importance of being able to receive critical feedback without defensiveness
- Why you must be tenacious and stick around long enough to see things pay off
- The role of collaboration and collective wisdom in building a solution that works
- The different faces of the end user and how that affects adoption
Get top advice delivered right to your inbox or mobile phone
Join the Medical Sales Accelerator List! We'll send you an email and/or text each week with a direct link to the newest episode, along with exclusive resources, proven tips, and industry updates!