Seeing What Others Miss: Techniques for More Authentic Communication
Are your own mannerisms, body language, and tone working against you in high-stakes conversations?
Almost certainly, says Authentic Influence Group CEO Shelly O’Donovan, a communication expert who has coached scores of executives and sales teams in MedTech and Pharma on how to be more conscious of nonverbal communication.
Join us as we discuss the prehistoric reason why you should never talk with your hands in your pockets, how learning to read micro-expressions will impact the questions you ask people, and simple ways you can practice ‘reading the room’ to better manage conversations.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to wean yourself off ‘blocking behaviors’ that can stunt dialogue
- What your suprasternal notch is, and how it releases hormones that help you calm down
- Why handshakes are worth at least 3 hours of quality face time
- Why your phone calls go better when you’re looking at the person’s profile picture
- How your smart phone can inhibit an in-person conversation—even when you’re not using it
Plus, we talk about where (and when) you should be directing your eyes while speaking on Zoom.
Get top advice delivered right to your inbox or mobile phone
Join the Medical Sales Accelerator List! We'll send you an email and/or text each week with a direct link to the newest episode, along with exclusive resources, proven tips, and industry updates!