Proven Tips for Breaking into New Territories and Developing Net New Accounts
Jay Pendleton is the Director, Strategy and Talent for Medtronic Cranial & Spinal Technologies (CST). He’s held various sales and leadership roles for the company, most recently the last 3 years as Zone Manager for the Western Strategic Spinal Technology team — responsible for driving market share growth and engaging key surgeon customers through differentiating technology (i.e. OLIF, Titan, Medicrea) with sales reps and district managers for the Rocky Mountain Texas & Pacific Regions.
Digging into his innate ability to open doors with new clients, Jay shares tips and insights for medical device reps to get past gatekeepers, develop new relationships, and break into new territories. If you’ve been listening to the podcast and you’re wanting an episode that’s super tactical for new business development, you don’t want to miss this one!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Advice for rebooting a territory or opening new business opportunities
- How to really dig into the frustrations of your target customer
- Why being specific and clear with your intentions is so important
- The importance of going deep versus wide with your connections
- Common mistakes reps make when trying to cultivate new business